Starion wants to make your home loan application process as fast and easy as possible. To help you, we provide a checklist of information you'll need for the application, a list of common questions and their answers and glossary of mortgage terms. You can also contact a Starion mortgage banker to help you start the process.
And to make the process of home buying even easier, we are making it possible for you to sign documents electronically! If you haven't met with a banker yet, you can get started by filling out our online application.
Download our mortgage checklist [PDF]
Loan application process
Bring all of the information in the checklist below when you meet with your mortgage banker for the loan application process.
- Signed copy of purchase agreement
- Copy of cleared earnest money check
- Blueprints, plans and specs for new construction
- Information about the home
- Copy of homeowners insurance policy (and/or flood insurance policy) if you are refinancing, or an insurance binder if this is a new purchase
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement if you are refinancing
Make sure that you have all of the information in the checklist below to make the prequalification process quick and seamless.
- Copy of driver’s license
- W2 forms and tax returns from the last two years
- Copy of 30 days' worth of pay stubs
- Last two months of checking and savings bank statements
- Most recent copies of 401(k), pension or other investment account statements
- Any other documents providing evidence of other income you receive
- Copy of divorce decree and/or proof of receipt of child support, alimony and/or spousal maintenance
- VA Certificate of Eligibility or DD214
- Any award letters, if applicable (Social Security, Disability or Unemployment Compensation)
- If you own investment property or a second home, provide copies of current rental leases and a recent mortgage statement
- If in school in the last two years, provide copy of degree or certificate and certified transcripts
- If selling a present home, provide a Settlement Statement (HUD-1)
- If you are self-employed: 3 years of business tax returns, all schedules and K-1s, current business profit (may vary)
- If you have gone through bankruptcy, please provide full copy of all bankruptcy documents and loss statement and personal financial statements
Starion Financial donates more than $875,000
In 2015, Starion Financial donated more than $875,000 to charities and local organizations in the North Dakota and Wisconsin communities it serves.
Thu. May 05 7:05 PM
Starion Financial expands private banking department
Starion Financial has expanded its private banking department in Bismarck. Private banking offers a premium array of enhanced services, convenience and personalized attention for entrepreneurs, executives and other busy professionals.
Wed. Apr 27 4:04 PM
Starion Financial awards FFA scholarship
Scott Roney, a senior at Oakes High School, was awarded the Starion Financial FFA scholarship at the FFA banquet on April 21. John Zetocha, Starion market president, presented the award.
Mon. Apr 25 7:04 PM
More News >>