Starion wants to make your home loan application process as fast and easy as possible. To help you, we provide a checklist of information you'll need for the application, a list of common questions and their answers and glossary of mortgage terms. You can also contact a Starion Mortgage Banker to help you start the process.
Download our mortgage checklist [PDF]
Loan application process
Bring all of the information in the checklist below when you meet with your mortgage banker for the loan application process.
- Signed copy of purchase agreement
- Copy of cleared earnest money check
- Blueprints, plans and specs for new construction
- Information about the home
- Copy of homeowners insurance policy (and/or flood insurance policy) if you are refinancing, or an insurance binder if this is a new purchase
- Copy of most recent mortgage statement if you are refinancing
Make sure that you have all of the information in the checklist below to make the prequalification process quick and seamless.
- Copy of driver’s license
- W2 forms and tax returns from the last two years
- Copy of 30 days' worth of pay stubs
- Last two months of checking and savings bank statements
- Most recent copies of 401(k), pension or other investment account statements
- Any other documents providing evidence of other income you receive
- Copy of divorce decree and/or proof of receipt of child support, alimony and/or spousal maintenance
- VA Certificate of Eligibility or DD214
- Any award letters, if applicable (Social Security, Disability or Unemployment Compensation)
- If you own investment property or a second home, provide copies of current rental leases and a recent mortgage statement
- If in school in the last two years, provide copy of degree or certificate and certified transcripts
- If selling a present home, provide a Settlement Statement (HUD-1)
- If you are self-employed: 3 years of business tax returns, all schedules and K-1s, current business profit (may vary)
- If you have gone through bankruptcy, please provide full copy of all bankruptcy documents and loss statement and personal financial statements
Starion Insurance hosting free seminar
Starion Insurance is hosting a free crop insurance update and marketing seminar on Friday, Mar. 6 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. in the Guelph School Gym.
Thu. Feb 26 8:02 PM
Starion Financial’s Staller presents economic survey results
Starion Financial Fargo Market President Dan Staller presented the results of the business conditions survey at the Fargo-Moorhead-West Fargo Chamber of Commerce Economic Outlook 2015 Forum on Feb. 19.
Fri. Feb 20 8:02 PM
Starion Financial Named United Way Top Contributor
Starion Financial was named one of the 2014 Top 20 Contributors at the Missouri Slope Areawide (MSA) United Way annual meeting. The bank’s fundraising effort earned it eighth place overall.
Wed. Feb 18 8:02 PM
More News >>