Save more with automatic transfers
We all try to put away more money for a rainy day, but somehow the piggy bank always feels a bit light. One tip for saving more money is using online banking to set up an automatic transfer into savings from another Starion Financial account.
It's automatic, so you don't have to write a check, make a trip to the bank, or even put much thought into it. You'll hardly realize you're saving money, but you'll see it add up. You can schedule transfers to recur weekly, twice monthly, monthly and more.
A Starion Financial banker can help you set up an automatic transfer or change the amount you're saving. They can also advise you on savings products that meet your needs. To set up your own transfer in online banking:
- Visit starionfinancial.com and sign in to online banking.
- Click Advance Scheduled Transfers in the Express Transfer box, or click Express Transfers at the top of the page and select New Scheduled Transfer in the drop down menu under Transfers.
- Next to "New Scheduled Transfer for," select the account from which you want money withdrawn.
- In the New Scheduled Transfer box, select the account into which you want money deposited, frequency, amount, and dates of the transfer. If you would like to use the default description with account numbers, leave the description box blank.
- Click Submit. Click OK.
- Repeat steps 2 through 5 to schedule more transfers.
Automatic transfers are a great way to pay yourself first. Before you pay rent or your utility bill, before you buy groceries, and long before you pay for dinner and a movie, the first bill you should pay is to your own savings or retirement account. When you save a little money at the beginning, it won't be there for you to spend at the end. You could schedule your transfers monthly or twice monthly to correspond with your paycheck.